1st Semester Reflection


In the first semester, I think I produced high quality work. I completed all of the assignments on time, using the the proper size and resolution. My actual designs had thoughtful design principles, such as the use of color, symmetry, and contrast. I payed attention to the objective of the assignments and tried to take it even further. When my original idea wasn't working out, I would go beyond my first idea and think outside the box.
This semester, I think although I submitted high quality work, I still could have put more effort into it. I didn't take many risks as far as subject matter. I played it safe, and avoided using photoshop tools or editing images that I knew would take a long time or would take a lot of effort. However, if I would have taken the time to edit those images or use those tools, who knows what the result would have been? I could have created something incredible.
I work most of the class period and try to stay off my phone, therefore, I would say I participate in class and stay on task. I'm always on time to class and work independently, but I still help those around me when they need it.
To improve as a digital artist, I need to continue to work on developing my own style and find myself as an artist. Every once in a while I'll come up with a really strong concept or idea and I just need to let that shine and do everything I can to make that into a powerful piece of art. Spending more time on photoshop and becoming more and more familiar with the tools will help me grow as a digital artist as well.

Comments